When I was little, my father would buy treats for us in form of Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonald’s chickens and burger. Until now, my family still occasionally go to these fast food restaurants to relive our childhood.
One of my favourite fast food snack is mashed potato from KFC. I was amazed when my sister found a recipe that tastes a lot like Colonel Sander’s. It had since became her signature dish to bring to a potluck party.
Although this recipe needs only 4 ingredients, it takes a bit of stirring and monitoring over the stove. But if you love Kentucky Fried Chicken’s mashed potatoes, or is tasked to cook for a big party, the toil will be worth it.
- Saucepan + spatula + stove
- Bowl + spoon
KFC Mashed Potato Gravy
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 pc (10 g) cubed chicken stock
- 1 pc (10 g) cubed beef stock
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Step 1 DILUTE CHICKEN AND BEEF CUBES: In a small bowl, add: chicken, beef cubes and 1 tbsp of water. Mash with a fork to dilute the stock cubes.
- Step 2 MELT BUTTER: Melt butter in a pot on low heat.
- Step 3 ADD FLOUR: Gradually add flour into the pot and cook on low heat, stirring continuously. Keep an eye on it! The sauce can burn if the heat is too high, or turn lumpy if too much flour is added.
- Step 4 ADD DILUTED STOCK CUBES: Add the diluted stock cubes and 2 1/4 cups of water into the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat, and let is simmer until gravy turn brown and smooth. Stir continuously. When ready, pour over mashed potatoes.
Dilute 1 cube chicken stock + 1 cube beef stock in 1 tbsp water. Melt 3 tbsp butter & gradually add 5 tablespoon of all purpose flour – stir continuously. Add diluted stock cubes + 2 1/4 cups of water. Boil and simmer until sauce turn brown and smooth – stir continuously.