One of the easiest way to get more fruits and vegetables in our body is through drinking juices. Since I bought a wide-mouth cold juicer, my consumption of fruits and vegetables has increased. I love putting all kinds of fruits into the juicer and enjoy freshly extracted goodness.
In Sara Ding’s ‘Juicing For Health’ book, I found a juice that would appeal to many people: a juice that helps to reduce fat and cellulite. The juice that is aptly called the Fat Burner includes grapefruit as a key ingredient.
How grapefruit helps you to lose weight
According to Sara Ding, a certified health coach, grapefruit juice may help remove cellulite for these reasons:
- It helps metabolise sugar and burn excess fats.
- It reduces fluid retention which also contributes to formation of cellulite.
- It helps promotes collagen to firm up the skin.
- Knife and chopping board
CITRUS FAT BURNER JUICE
- 1 large Grapefruit
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Key limes (limau nipis) with peel
- Step 1 If using slow juicer: peel the grapefruits and oranges.
- Step 2 Leave the peel for the key limes. Wash them clean.
- Step 3 Put all three citrus fruits through the juicer.
- Step 4 Serve chilled.
- Grapefruit is one of the best food to help with weight loss. However, if it is not available, you can substitute with cucumber and celery.
- The book uses and recommend using a slow-juicer. If you don’t have one, you can squeeze the citruses manually. We have one but decided to use the electric citrus press for speed and convenience. In that case, you don’ t have to peel the citrus fruits; just cut them into halves.
- If you are not able to get organic fruits and you worry about the pesticide content in unpeeled citrus fruit, try our homemade vegetable wash.
Of course, no one recipe is a panacea for weight loss. Sara Ding encourages weight watchers to improve their diet. Removing these food from one’s diet will help weight loss goals: processed food, cured meats, deep-fried foods, flour and sugar products, food high in fats, gravies and coffee.